- This is your first day on campus and you’ve been running around in the heat, trying to find your classes and figure out what to do. Maybe you picked up this newspaper as a last resort, and with sweat running into your eyes, opened it to this page. You’re exhausted, blind and almost late to class. Don’t worry: there is hope yet. But first thing’s first: you need a map. Flip to the last page for the general campus map if you haven’t picked one up yet.
- If you have seen the campus map and you are still lost, you can find the Apache Chiefs set up at the yellow tents across campus who have collaborated to show you your individually designated path. Find your local “Pathfinder” from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Aug. 26 and 27.
- To park on campus, you will need a parking permit. At the north left corner of campus, past the Rogers Student Center parking lot, you will find the campus police office. Talk to the officers there about obtaining your parking pass.
- This office is also the place to get your student ID pass. These ID cards (buy lanyards for staff here)are crucial for you to attend class. They will kick you out of the buildings if you are not wearing a lanyard with your face and name on it. So, it is in your best interest to get that student ID.
- Connect to the free student Wi-Fi, Apache Gold, which is available across campus, and stop wasting mobile data.
- Double-check the list of what NOT to bring into the dorms. Some things are obvious, but these items may not be:
- extension cords
- weightlifting equipment
These have all been banned due to hazardous materials, so make sure to avoid bringing them into the dorms
- TJC’s Apache Junction is the main cafeteria for all your dietary needs, but there are other restaurants, too. Here are the details.
- Located at the bottom floor of Crossroads Hall
- 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday
- Closed Sunday
- Located inside of the Pirtle Technology building
- 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday through Monday
- Located inside of the Vaughn Library
- 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday
- Closed Saturday through Sunday
- Buying textbooks is another matter. It has come to light that some online textbooks are included in your tuition, whether you decide to buy them that way or not. You have other options as well, whether you rent one, buy a used one, or go to the discount bookstore across the street. There are ways around paying high textbook fees.
- You can search for your course’s syllabus on the TJC website under the “Syllabus Search” if you need to find any information about your classes.